IBS FROSTY MUG LASER RACE
Saturday October 2, 2010
400 EAST BAY STREET
HARBOR SPRINGS, MI. 49740
Hello Laser People,
For those of you who attended the 2010 Frosty Mug Laser Race on Saturday October 2nd, thank you for sailing and you know the results. For those of you who weren't here, mark your calendar for next year's 5th Annual Event, Saturday October 1, 2011 (always the first Saturday in October).
Results and photos were posted on the Irish Boat Shop Facebook ...
Temperatures were "Frosty" with north, north east winds around 8 to 10 knots. We had 9 boats compete this year, sailed 6 races and allowed 1 throw out. We ran a combination of windward/leeward and triangle courses. Tom Babel, sailing out of Traverse City, posted 5 bullets to take home the 1st place Frosty Mug trophy. 2nd place went to Peter Polgar from Grosse Pointe Shores and the 3rd place mug was won by Harbor Springs own Kevin Meier.
Irish Boat Shop will once again be hosting the Irish Summer Series Laser Racing starting next July. We race Thursday evenings and some Saturday afternoons here on Little Traverse Bay, please join us if you're in the area.
Please contact me if you have questions or require additional information regarding Laser sailing on Little Traverse Bay. We still have a brand new, tricked out 2010 Laser XD in stock with a year-end discount! If you or someone you know is looking for a new Laser, please contact me for pricing.
|2010 Frosty Mug Laser Race / Official Results||10/2/2010|
|Sailor||Sail #||Hull Color||1||2||3||4||5||6||SubTotal||Toss||Total||Place|
|Peter Polgar||188943||Lt. Blue||2||2||1||2||2||5||14||5||9||2|
Hello Laser Sailors,
The 4th Annual Irish Boat Shop Frosty Mug Laser Race is just around the corner! This event traditionally takes place the first Saturday in October and this year’s date is Saturday October 2, 2010.
Registration will begin at noon with the first warning signal at 1:00 pm. Racing will consist of windward-leewards and a modified triangle course. We hope to complete at least 6 races to constitute the regatta. Parking, rigging and launching is available next door to Irish Boat Shop at Ford Park in Harbor Springs. There will be Frosty Mugs awarded to the top three finishers and an awards party with food and drink following the races.
Last year we had a dozen boats on the line and perfect fall conditions. This year we hope for good weather, steady breeze and even a bigger fleet. Attached is a notice of race with all the details, please contact me if you have questions.
NOTICE OF RACE
1. VENUE: This is a friendly competition for all abilities and ages. World class racing on beautiful Little Traverse Bay.
2. GENERAL AUTHORITY & RACING RULES:
- ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing, the Prescriptions of US Sailing, Laser class rules apply. Except any alterations made and listed in the SI’s.
- The State Law requiring USCG approved PFD for each person onboard, shall rank as a rule.
- Penalties: Over Early – return and restart, avoiding other boats as you return. Major Rules Infraction – complete one 360-degree turn ASAP. Hitting Mark – complete one 360-degree turn on the next leg.
3. ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY:
- The race is open to all Laser one-design boats.
- A $20 race fee and applications are due before the first race. Non-paid participants will not be scored and are ineligible for prizes.
4. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Registration 12:00 to 12:30, skippers meeting at 12:30.
- First warning at 1:00 pm Saturday October 2, 2010.
- As many races as possible are scheduled depending on wind and weather.
- One race completed constitutes a regatta. Six or more completed, one throw-out will be allowed.
- Post race party and awards following racing at IBS. Food and frosty beers.
5. COURSE, SCORING & AWARDS:
- Windward leeward course or modified triangle with start/finish line set in the middle. To be described in the sailing instructions.
- Course 1 = 1 lap, course 2 = 2 laps. Finish up-wind.
- Green prep flag up at 4 minutes to start, 3 long blasts on horn at 3 minutes, dinghy horn sequence to follow. (See separate sheet for horn sequence)
- Low point scoring will apply.
- Frosty Mug trophies for the top 3 finishers.
HAVE FUN, DRESS WARM AND SAIL FAST………